Thursday, June 27, 2013

Remote Terminal 1.5.0 now available

In this update I added one often requested feature:

Scrollback buffer
You are finally able to scroll in Remote Terminal! I'm sorry that it took so long. Use either your mouse wheel, your keyboard (Shift + PageUp/PageDown) or touch gestures (swipe up/down). The Scrollback buffer is limited to 1000 lines per open terminal at the moment and the scrollback is automatically reset when the screen changes.

Other changes:
  • Added a keyboard shortcut for the Paste functionality (Shift + Insert)
  • the bottom AppBar is now properly closed after switching terminals, which fixes a rarely occurring problem with the on-screen virtual keyboard

If you are having any issues with the App please report them to me.

Thanks to all of you for your continued support!

7 comments:

  1. Hi,

    Many thanks for a great app.

    Do you have any plans for having serial port support? so I can completely remove the need to keep putty on my device?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello!

      Unfortunately, it's not possible at the moment to access the serial port from Windows Store apps. This is only possible from Desktop Applications like putty.

      As for Windows 8.1, we'll have to see. Microsoft now added the possibility to communicate with different standard and custom devices through a new Device Protocol API but that is apparently limited to USB, HID, Bluetooth, Bluetooth Smart and Wi-Fi Direct. As long as Serial Port access is not standardized I think I may have a hard time implementing it.

      Delete
  2. Hi,

    Fullwidth characters in CJK are shown in halfwidth too, so I can see only left side of the character...

    Everything else are works fine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I setup an Ubuntu 12.04 LTS VM on my local network, ran `sudo apt-get install ssh` and am having trouble connecting via IP. It seems that it will connect initially, but then an error happens on the server side (you can see it dump the error, but I can't make heads or tails of it). Sometimes it will connect for a bit, but then seemingly "hang" and not refresh the screen. Other times the connection will simply time out. This seems non-standard. Any ideas? Is it a local network issue? My remote machines don't have this problem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never had such an issue during my tests.
      Which virtualization software are you using?

      Delete
    2. VMware 7 I believe, running on top of Windows 7 x64

      Delete
  4. I have been unable to connect to my Cisco 1800 router with the Ethernet cable
    connected to its console. System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access is denied.

    ReplyDelete